Monday, July 14, 2014

A Prayerful Goodbye to the Social Media War

May Hashem/ Allah (swt) grace us all with purified hearts to serve Him in truth!

It is with sadness and resignation that I will not be reading any more posts or contributing to any more posts on the conflict in Israel/Palestine on social media. There is no way for me to measure and certainly no way to express my disappointment at friends, family and acquaintances for an inability to see beyond the narrow confines of one side or the other to the human realities of the conflict; the reality of Israeli families hunkered down in bunkers with sirens wailing over their heads as rockets rain, the reality of families in Gaza with no place to go facing bombs, destruction of homes and a rising death toll which inevitably includes many who are innocent.  I deeply believe that our Creator will judge us for our refusal to grant humanity to one another. I will continue with my work in Abraham's Tent and I will continue in my personal life and my personal mission as "Jihadi Jew" to try to create love and connection between Muslims and Jews.

To speak what is in my heart. I want to share a prayer from Rabindranath Tagore.

"Give me the supreme courage of love, this is my prayer — the courage to speak, to do, to suffer at thy will, to leave all things or be left alone. Strengthen me on errands of danger, honor me with pain, and help me climb to that difficult mood which sacrifices daily to thee.

Give me the supreme confidence of love, this is my prayer — the confidence that belongs to life in death, to victory in defeat, to the power hidden in frailest beauty, to the dignity in pain which accepts hurt but disdains to return it.”

4 comments:

  1. Good luck in your quest. The deepest currents in Talmud and Torah demand we recognize the kedusha of every living soul, Jewish or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to comment before but unfortunately it didnt work. I just wanted to say please do not stop posting about your views. As a Muslim I have come to look at Jews differently simply by reading your posts. My outlook on the current conflict has changed as I realise not all people of Judaism faith share the same mindset as the zionists.

    I appreciate your posts and look forward to reading them from all the way in London. And although you may be feeling down because you recieve a lot of hate, I just wanted to say dont lose hope as I'm sure there are more of us who believe a peaceful world just like you.

    “Verily, with hardship there is relief” (Qur’an 94:6) 

    May Allah bless you and guide you, ameen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am deeply saddened by this news. As a teenage Muslimah of 18 years of age, I have been inspired by what you are trying to achieve. My friends and I are always discussing your blogs which are amazing.
    I truly hope that you ignore what the creation is saying and continue with the work the creator has blessed you with.
    Your reward does not lie with the people brother.
    You have impacted the youth (those like me) and have helped prevent radicalised individuals who will strive for peace instead of conflict God willing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for everything you do for us to remind us that we are more alike than we are different.

    ReplyDelete